Here’s the official list of major new features in RCLogbook 4.0 include:
- Add barcode scanner to scan models and batteries for events and cycles.
- Add support for “storage” state in batteries.
- Added “no timer” setting to skip the timer when logging at the field.
- Now warn user when they try to start an event with a discharged battery.
- Now record internal resistances to tenths of milliohms.
- Now display event counts and last event date on event location callouts.
- The usual cast of bug fixes and stability improvements.
The barcode functionality requires an iOS device with a rear-facing camera capable of 720P video capture – this pretty much means an iPhone 4, 4S, or 5 or a 4th generation or later iPod touch.
There have been a lot of changes under the hood to move to modern iOS 4.x APIs and other clean-up. Those changes turned out to be a lot more work than anticipated.